to JAMMA adapter (with video and audio conversion)
Here are the new design of my Nintendo
to JAMMA adapters.
The adapters feature a built-in video
color inverter to display the Nintendo-type video on a
standard JAMMA cabinet monitor. They also include a 2W
audio amplifier with volume control on-board to provide
sound in your JAMMA cabinet when using an original
Nintendo circuit board.
The JAMMA connector edge is keyed to
mate to a standard JAMMA harness, and the edges are
beveled with heavy gold plating for long life and highest
adapter - Click for larger image)
|The deluxe Nintendo to JAMMA
adapters include RGB color output adjustment pots
which can be useful adapting the output levels to
match certain types of monitors.
The adapter is professionally
constructed using corrosion resitant, gold-plated
circuitboards (not just gold edge connectors)
with modern surface-mount components.
Deluxe adapters are $40/ea.
- These adapter uses op-amps to invert the colors.
They are pre-adjusted for color balance although
you can tweak them yourself.
- Adapters have been tested with Donkey Kong, Mario
Brothers, Donkey Kong Junior, Donkey Kong 3, and
- The adapter should only be used on original
Nintendo circuit boards. (Not pirate boards-- it
might work on a pirate PCB, but it might not!)
- Nintendo boards require -5VDC to operate. Be sure
your JAMMA power supply has a -5V supply capable
of supplying the current needed for your Nintendo
- "Jump" is wired to JAMMA's number 1
fire button for each player.
- Your Nintendo boards will need to be equiped with
the "rainbow" cable that connects both
circuit boards together to provide them with
- If your JAMMA cabinet has a "service"
switch, it is connected to the
"service" input on the Nintendo board.
- Coin counters are not connected. Nor is the +24V
supply on the Nintendo board (which is used for
the coin counter).
- The adapter will work with the MultiJAMMA as well.
© 2004, Clayton Cowgill firstname.lastname@example.org